1 KB Scholarship Criteria
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the Angie M. Houtz Memorial Scholarship:
- Cumulative, unweighted grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Attend or be accepted to attend a Maryland public 2 or 4 year college or university.
- Must be a full-time student (minimum 12 credits).
- Must have participated in at least 200 hours of community service.
- Must not be related to any member of the Board of Directors.
- It is not necessary to be a Maryland resident or a United States citizen to apply.
How To Apply
Dowload and complete the application.
Write 1-2 page, double spaced essay.
Submit 3 letters of recommendation.
Submit official transcripts.
Mail everything in a complete packet to (incomplete applications will not be considered):
Angie Houtz Memorial Fund
414 Bottsford Ave
Upper Marlboro, MD 20774
Application DUE: April 30, 2016
Winner Announced: Summer 2016